Test Your Knowledge (These are questions you
must know. The links to the material are provided in hypertext)
For more questions in a testing format click
1. How do you find out how many seconds of following distance
space you have?
2. If you are driving a 30 foot vehicle at 55 m.p.h. how many seconds
of following distance should
3. You should decrease your following distance if somebody is following
you too closely. True or false?
4. If you swing wide to the left before
turning right, another driver may try to pass you on the right.
True or false?
5. What is the most important reason for doing vehicle
6. What things should you
be inspecting and check during a trip?
7. Name some key steering
8. Name some suspension
9. What three kinds of emergency
equipment must you have?
10. What is the minimum
tread depth for front tires?
11. . . . for other
12. Why should you back toward the
13. What is a pull-up?
14. If stopped on a hill, how can you start
moving without rolling back?
15. When backing, why is it important to use a helper?
16. What's the most important hand signal that you and the helper
should agree on?
17. What are the two special conditions
where you should downshift?
18. When should you downshift
19. Retarders keep you
from skidding when the road is slippery. True or false?
20. What are two ways to know when
21. How far ahead does the manual say you
22. What are two main things
to look for ahead?
23. What's your most important way to see to the sides
24. What does “ communicating”
mean in safe driving?
25. Where should your
reflectors be placed when stopped on a divided highway?
26. What three things add up to
total stopping distance?
27. If you go twice as fast, will your stopping distance increase
by twice or by four times?
28. Empty trucks have the best braking. True
29. What is hydroplaning?
30.What is “black ice?”
31. You should use low beams whenever you can. True
32. What should you do before you drive if you are drowsy?
33. What effects can wet brakes
cause? How can you avoid these problems?
34. You should let air out of hot tires so the pressure goes back
to normal. True or false?
35. You can safely remove the radiator cap as long as the engine
isn't overheated. .